1, Theater Equipment
1) Disinfecting the seating in theaters is very important, as it will have a close contact with every moviegoer who sits on it for several hours. The CDC recommends EPA-registered household disinfectants or diluted household bleach solutions for Non-porous (hard) surfaces disinfection. A bleach solution with at least 1000ppm sodium hypochlorite should be used ensuring a contact time of at least 1 minute, and should be mixed by:
· 5 tablespoons (1/3 cup) bleach per gallon of water or
· 4 teaspoons bleach per quart of water
Usit Seating recommends the products below, based on our clients’ experience and the guideline from CDC:
· Fogger & Chemical Disinfection Products approved by EPA, here click the link:
· Quaternary Ammonium is our suggestion
2) For electronics such as tablets, touch screens, keyboards, remote controls, and ATM machines, the use of alcohol-based wipes or sprays containing at least 70% alcohol is recommend by the CDC. Usit Seating here notice that be careful and should be power off when using alcohol.
3) In the cleaning process, Cleaning staff should wear disposable gloves and gowns, which are compatible with the disinfectant products being used. They should wash their hands before and after the cleaning tasks.
2, Air Circulation
As we all know, in the context of COVID-19, although airborne transmission is not proved with enough evidences, but it is still possible in specific circumstances. Therefore, keeping a good air circulation would be quite important for such a confined public place holding hundreds of people for several hours.
For theater equipped with air-conditioning or heating, Usit Seating recommends the air outlet, air inlet, and filter to be inspected and cleaned more often than before. If there is a function of disinfection or purification, it is recommended to use it during this period. Also, allowing proper ventilation during and after any disinfectant products be applied.